Porter-Cable’s PC218IDC-2 18-volt NiCd drill/impact driver 2-tool kit features two fantastic tools. It has both the PC1800D drill/driver and the PC1800ID impact driver, a combination that provides high-performance motors backed by lots of great features designed to cover a wide range of tasks. This versatility makes the kit an ideal set for contractors, electricians, construction workers, and home improvement enthusiasts with larger and more complex projects to carry out.
- Drill/Driver has 2 speed gearbox for tough jobs: High gear provides faster rpm for fast drilling, while low gear offers high torque for heavy duty screwdriving applications
- The drill/driver’s high performance motor and gearbox delivers up to 440 in-lbs of torque
- Drill/driver’s 1/2-Inch single sleeve chuck offers excellent bit retention and durability
- Impact driver delivers 1600 in-lbs high-torque output without kickback
- 2 Porter Cable 18V NiCd batteries provide extended runtime for larger projects
Power and Performance
Porter-Cable’s PC218IDC-2 18-volt NiCd drill/impact driver 2-tool kit revels in power and performance, starting with the drill/driver’s high-performance motor and sturdy gearbox, which deliver up to 440 inch-pounds of torque. Its 32-position clutch assures that reliable torque is in evidence, making it possible to drive a wide array of screw sizes. While the kit’s impact driver is ideal for fastening in smaller or cramped spaces, thanks to its relatively small size, this doesn’t equal a reduction in power, as it delivers 1,600 inch-pounds of torque while still minimizing the kickback delivered.
Comfort and Convenience
The impact driver in Porter-Cable’s PC218IDC-2 2-tool kit has a rapid-release 1/4-inch hex chuck that means reduced time to job completion, while the drill/driver’s 1/2-inch all-metal chuck provides a high level of bit retention and stability. Also, the impact driver delivers quick and reliable cutting thanks to its variable speed trigger, and its integrated LED light illuminates lowly lit or dim spaces, helping to expand the work possibilities.
The kit comes with a 3-year limited warranty, a 1-year free service contract, and a 90 day money back guarantee.
What’s in the Box
One PC1800D drill/driver, one PC1800ID impact driver, two PC18B NiCd batteries, PCMVC 60-minute NiCd fast charger, storage bag, double-ended bit, #2 PH screwdriver bit.